1. Introduction and General Terms
The Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide [CGRP] Education and Research Forum (CGRP Forum) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via our website and social media.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information, we sometimes need to collect data about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
The CGRP Forum is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the "data protection laws"). No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your account could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password, please get in touch straight away.
2. Our online services
The website, www.cgrpforum.org, is run by the CGRP Education and Research Forum and is available worldwide.
When we refer to "we" or "our" or "the CGRP Forum" we are referring to the CGRP Education and Research Forum.
3. What information will CGRP Forum collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the CGRP Forum services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, web and mobile notifications or create an account using the CGRP Forum’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, as well as information collected about your use of our services (such as your area of interest within your profession).
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes, sensitive personal information (e.g. if you're participating in a meeting or conference). When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
The CGRP Forum collects information about how you use our Apps, websites or other content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
4. How will the CGRP Forum use the information it collects about me?
The CGRP Forum will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service;
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- for additional information;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where the CGRP Forum proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
5. Your CGRP Forum Account
If you have registered for a CGRP Forum account this will also allow you to login to the CGRP Forum website. These services are run by the CGRP Forum. Your CGRP Forum account will always be covered by the policies of this website.
6. When will the CGRP Forum contact me?
The CGRP Forum may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that we can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a CGRP Forum account, or to help you reset your password;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about CGRP Forum products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the CGRP Forum;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the CGRP Forum services or other third parties (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to the CGRP Forum’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes (occasionally this may include information from approved third parties)
We will never contact you to ask for your CGRP Forum account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from the CGRP Forum.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The CGRP Forum will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this.
We offer regular emails to let you know about CGRP Forum content and services. Occasionally we may send you information from approved third parties. We may also occasionally contact you to ask your views on issues affecting the content on the CGRP Forum website.
We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us.
8. Will the CGRP Forum share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within the CGRP Forum, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section.
Generally, we will use your information within the CGRP Forum and will only share it outside the CGRP Forum where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures. Sometimes the CGRP Forum uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. The CGRP Forum requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the CGRP Forum requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way on their website.
9. How long will the CGRP Forum keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the CGRP Forum. If you delete your CGRP Forum account then your personal information is deleted immediately.
10. Can I delete my data?
You can always delete your CGRP Forum account. You can delete your account here.
As explained above, deleting your CGRP Forum account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you.
Deleting your CGRP Forum account will not delete the data you shared with the CGRP Forum for reasons that are not connected with your CGRP Forum account. For example, if you registered for meetings or conferences, we will keep your data so that we can manage that service and tell you about future events and resources you might be interested in (if you have asked to be kept updated).
11. Can I find out what personal information the CGRP Forum holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the CGRP Forum holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, CGRP Education and Research Forum, Minerva Mill Innovation Centre, Station Road, Alcester B49 5ET, UK (Email: [email protected]).
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
- Rent book (from last 3 months)
12. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. These are data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
We can follow your navigation through our Site and identify the web pages which you visit. We may use such information to build statistics on users of our Site for our own use and for the use of third parties.
The information stored by cookies should make your web site visits more productive by storing and using information on your web site preferences and habits. They do not identify users personally but they do identify each user’s computer. Your browser software can choose whether or not to accept cookies and most browser software is initially set up to accept them.
We may offer cookies to you and you should ensure that your browser software is set not to accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them.
If you wish to stop cookies being stored in your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
The Data Protection Officer
CGRP Education and Research Forum
Minerva Mill Innovation Centre
Alcester B49 5ET
(Email: [email protected])